So you want to be a beauty youtuber but you don’t know what kind of camera to invest in to get your channel off the ground, or perhaps you’ve already got a beauty channel and want to take it to the next level by upgrading your current youtube camera.
Never fear, we’ve got the best cameras for filming make up tutorials right here.
The latest model in the mid-range of DSLR’s for Canon is the 80D. Coming in as the most recent upgrade for the older model of the Canon 70D. It’s the camera that I personally own and I absolutely love it. It has all the features you would want including fully articulating flip screen, great low light abilities, shoots in full HD at 60 frames per second so you can film those silky smooth slow mo b-roll clips. With the added bonus of being able to upgrade your lenses and buy different types of lenses from third party brands, this camera gives you so much freedom and choice over what type of video you want to shoot.
The benefit of using a camera like this is that you can buy a lens to do those really close up shots should you be doing swatches, make up tutorials and close ups as well as being able to film yourself from a distance when you’re addressing the camera.
Read the full review of the Canon 80D here.
- 45-point all cross-type AF system* allows for superb autofocus when shooting with the optical viewfinder and focusing area selection modes.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage. Approx. 730g / 25.75oz. (Based on CIPA Guidelines),Approx. 650g / 22.93oz. (Body only)
- 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor helps provide impressive, high-resolution results. Shooting speed of up to 7.0fps makes it an excellent choice for capturing moving subjects
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps you shoot video with smooth, fast and accurate autofocus, and stills with instant and precise autofocus.
Canon 70D is the older version of the model above but is still a fantastic choice when it comes to filming for beauty videos on youtube. With many of the same features as the 80D including flip screen, interchangeable lenses and loads of manual controls.
With a 20mp sensor, the Canon 70D produces some really high quality videos which is a must for anyone looking to get their channel looking up there with some of the best beauty vloggers out there.
Read the full review of the Canon 70D here.
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
Now this camera jumps on to our list for a number of reasons. The Panasonic G7 features all the things you would want in a beauty vlogging camera like interchangable lenses, flip screen, but one of the most impressive parts about this camera is that it can record in 4K which is one of the highest quality videos that you can record on a consumer level camera at the moment. It’s a step above 1080p.
This camera is also a lot smaller than most DSLR cameras as it’s actually a mirrorless camera so won’t be as heavy to carry should you decide to take it out and about and film more vlog type videos.
Read the full review of the Panasonic G7 here.
- Superb DSLM image quality without the bulk and weight of traditional DSLRs
- Never miss a photo with three unique 4K Ultra HD Video pause and save 4K Photo Modes
- Fast and precise auto focusing tracks the subject
- Class-leading, ultra-compact, interchangeable lens and accessory options
- Unwire Your Creativity with integrated Wi-Fi sharing
Another great option for beauty youtubers is the Canon Rebel T7i. Slightly lower in specs and features than the 80D and 70D, this is still one of the best options out there for filming makeup tutorial youtube videos and it’s often a lot cheaper than the higher spec versions meaning it’s great for those just starting out or on a bit of a tighter budget.
- 2 x SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards + Canon Camera Case + Flash Light + Commander 3pc Filter Kit + Commander 4pc Macro Close-Up Kit + Commander Wireless Remote Control + AC/DC Car & Home Charger + Commander High Speed USB Card Reader + 50" Camera Tripod
- Canon 18-55mm STM Lens - a standard zoom compatible with Canon APS-C format cameras. It features a focal length range of 18-55mm which is equivalent to 29-88mm in the 35mm format
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 7 Image Processor, 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen, Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps, 45-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Up to 6 fps Shooting and ISO 51200, Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Commander 0.43x Auxiliary Wideangle Lens - it conveniently mounts to the front of your fixed or zoom lens, and allows you to capture a wider field of view, Commander 2.2x Auxiliary Telephoto Lens - brings you twice as close to the action. Perfect for long-distance photo situations such as sporting events
- This Canon Camera Bundle comes complete with All Standard Canon Supplied Accessories and 1-Year Canon USA Limited Warranty and Includes:
You definitely wouldn’t go wrong choosing any of these cameras and you can be sure that they would allow you to film the best makeup tutorial videos and really grow your beauty youtube channel in 2018.
If you’re looking for something on a bit more of a budget then check out our best choices that cost less than $300.
If you’re looking for a beauty vlogger camera and have any questions about any of the cameras above then don’t hesitate to ask in the comments, I will do my best to help out and answer.
Last update on 2018-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API