Last Updated: 12/12/2017
Christmas is just around the corner and usually that means you have already started eyeing up your next piece of equipment to upgrade your vlog, or perhaps you’re just looking to get started. We’re here to give you a rundown of the top things to add to your Christmas wishlist this year.
Tripods are perfect for keeping your camera steady and getting your videos looking professional. Nobody likes watching a squint video that’s at an awkward height because you’re balancing your camera on top of a pile of books.
Definitely invest in one of these if you’re looking to improve the quality of your videos. Just make sure your camera has the correct fitting for the baseplate.
This tripod from Hama is perfect for beginners and definitely won’t break the bank. Suitable for cameras from small right up to the heavier DSLR’s it’s got everything you need to get that steady shot for recording your vlogs.
Oh did we mention it comes with a neat carry case too?
- For photo and video
- 3-way tripod head with quick release plate
- With crank for continuously variable height adjustment of centre column
- With rubber feet
- Holds up to 3kg
If you’re looking for some lightweight travel tripod then this one will be perfect. A cheaper build quality than the Hama one, but perfect for the frequent traveller who wants something lightweight to take on the road with them.
Now for the more adventurous of you looking for something that’s going to last you for a good while, you’ll want to invest in a much more sturdy tripod. The Velbon Videomate is perfect for that.
It features a fluid head which can give you that smooth pan effect when moving the camera from left to right across a scene. Probably more suited to those who have been vlogging for a while and know that they are committed to keeping it up. This one is a great long term investment for any vlogger.
The must have for any sort of handheld vlogging. Your camera screws onto the usual size baseplate screw and this fantastically bendy tripod allows you to hold your camera out in front of you and gives you extra length at the end of your arm. Imagine a selfie stick on steroids, but this one you can actually put down onto a surface and use it as a flexible camera stand.
Used by so many of the biggest youtubers, you can guarantee that this will stand the test of time and be used for years to come. I bought one a few months back and absolutely love it. It pretty much lives attached to my camera now and it’s my favourite handheld tripod for my camera.
- STAND STRONG. Get crisper shots with this durable, lightweight tripod. The rubberized foot grips and wrappable legs will secure professional cameras up to 6.6lbs. as they hold their stance to any viable surface
- CAPTURE SUPERIOR PERSPECTIVES. Look at life from a different point of view with the GorillaPod SLR Zoom Tripod and Ballhead Bundle. Easy maneuverability and precise positioning with 360 panning, to expand the range of shots you can capture
- GROUND DOWN. Get ultra-stable and find your grounding with over two dozen leg joints and German TPE joins, so you’ll never have a shaky shot. The GorillaPod SLR Zoom can fiercely secure equipment up to 6.6 lbs., making the impossible shot, possible. Strong enough to hold a telephoto lens
- SET UP WITH EASE. Take this lightweight SLR and mirrorless camera tripod anywhere. The quick release plate simply stays connected to your camera, so you can interchange with ease. Hold on tight with the 1/4”-20 standard tripod mount and 3/8” adapter
- MADE TO LAST. Made of durable Japanese medical-grade ABS plastic, stainless steel, and German TPE, it’s made for the wear and tear of everyday life, or the rigor of adventure. Pair it with your mirrorless camera or SLR to capture the worthy moments of life
You’ll have seen these being used in videos before, but probably not realised what they are. These give vloggers that circular light look in their eyeballs, but will also give the most balanced lighting face on.
These aren’t cheap, so don’t go investing in one of these if you’re only just starting out. You need to know you’re committed before making this investment.
They are definitely well worth the cost though.
If you’ve not got the budget for the higher cost light ring then a good alternative is the freestanding lights. These are the ones that I personally own and they are great, if not a little big clunky. These come as a pair and when assembled can be pretty massive, but they are a proper professional piece of kit.
When positioned behind the camera to the left and right of the person vlogging these provide a great bit of lighting for your videos, even in the darkest of situations.
No products found.
Now if you really don’t have the space, or the pocket money for the lighting kits above, never fear. There’s a fantastic little LED light that fixes to the top of your DSLR to provide you some fantastic bright lighting for your videos.
This one comes at a fraction of the price of the above and can still give you some great light boost.
- Consist of 160 micro LED bulbs, high power and low heat output.
- Compatible for Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Hitachi, Samsung and many other digital cameras of the similar size.
- Designed with adjustable barndoor and DC interface.
- Very easy to set up, just connect the hotshoe of the video light onto the hotshoe connector of your camera and tighten the screw.Note:AA Battery is NOT compatible.
- Adjustable barndoor provide different lighting effects, and it would provide the best spotlight when the angle reaches 30 degrees
Last update on 2019-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API